Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rose Parade 2012

This year we made a last minute decision to check out the Rose Parade in Pasadena. I hadn't been to it since I was a little girl and I had never camped out right on the street before so it was a great new way to experience this event.

Even though we showed up a little late compared to all the other over-nighters we managed to secure a little bit of space right up front! Check out our awesome yellow and black borders courtesy of Carlos!
By this point it was getting pretty late, but I wasn't quite ready to go to sleep. Good thing we came prepared with our travel kit for mate!
The boys were excited for what was to come!
Chris took advantage of an incident with a motorcycle which a police officer stopped to take care of to strike a pose!
Who could that be? The cops will never know!
So happy my mom was able to join us!
Chris was anxious for the parade to start. He wanted to be front and center!
Where's Waldo...I mean, Chris?
Stealthy
Nothing like an old-timey bike to brighten up your morning!
I can't think of a better person than Kenny G to start the floats :)
It's a pony!
The most important people in the parade. The pooper scoopers!
When life gives you lemons... be careful or the aliens will steal them to make lemonade :/

Knights in shining armor galloping on their white stallions still do exist!
The Indonesia float was beautiful!
Wisconsin honey badgers don't give a shit!
Burbank
Los Angeles representing!
So awesome! I love that spotted horse.
The Paramount Studios float was one of my faves!
Bumble Bee!
USS Enterprise
Out of all the high school bands, this one was my favorite. They had style!
These were my mom's favorite :)

Girl Scouts

No comments:

Post a Comment